Specialties: Vein Clinic
All forms of venous diseases from simple small varicose veins to advanced venous disease to venous thromboembolism are treated at JIVAS.
Unique out patient therapy area, with a specialized, customized table for sclerotherapy for minor varicose veins, venous malformations etc. will be commissioned by March 2015.
Procedures performed, many as “day care/ambulatory care” procedures
- Open varicose vein surgery
- Endovenous procedures – laser and Rdio Frequency ablations.
- Venous angioplasty/stenting -
- Venous bypass/thrombectomy – presently rarely required
- Thrombolysis/mechanical thrombectomy ofr extensive DVT (deep vein thrombosis) and PE (pulmonary embolism)
- IVC filter insertion and retreival
- Central venous stenting especially in those with hemodialysis
- Surgery/sclerotherapy for venous malformations
- Compression therapy for leg edema