JIVAS offers treatment for all blood vessel diseases in the body (arteries, veins, lymphatics) except those in the heart (belongs to cardiologists) and inside the brain (belongs to neurologists). All treatment options with surgery (bypass/endoarterectomy), minimal invasive endovascular procedures (angioplasty/stenting) or combined “Hybrid” procedures and vascular medicines, life style modification programs are offered.
Arterial Occlusive Diseases:
- Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Diseases, Blocked arteries of the legs causing difficulty in walking or causing “leg attack” or gangrene, which are limb and life threatening
- Arterial thrombosis and embolism (clotting of arteries)
- Blocked arteries of the upper limb; thoracic outlet syndrome
- Blocked arteries in the neck (carotid arteries) to prevent stroke
- Blocked arteries to the intestines, kidneys, liver etc.
- Several other procedures too large to be listed
- Aneurysms of thoracic (inside chest) and abdominal aorta
- Dissections and dissecting aneurysms of the aorta
- Aneurysms of other arteries of the body in the legs, arms, neck etc.
- varicose veins with all forms of therapies – conservative (stockings), open surgery or laser, RF ablations, sclerotherapyetc
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism
- Venous angioplasty
Access surgery for hemodialysis (AV fistulae, grafts) and salvage of failing fistulae
Diabetic foot and wound care: Recognized as Center of Excellence by World Diabetes Foundation (WDF), Denmark. Extensive therapies including customized footwear, orthotics, prosthetics and rehabilitation
Vascular Medicine which every patient with vascular medicine needs
Life style modification programs including smoking cessation, exercise programs, cholesterol control, diet, alternative therapies